Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fandango is in Purina Rally to rescue magazine volume 5 issue 3-Womans World Nov 2010 issue

Watch for the story about Fandango in Purina Rally for rescue magazine. This should be on the web site anytime.
9/28/2010 I went to visit Fandango one more time. We had photo's taken for Woman's world. I knew this would be the last time I seen my buddy. He is doing well and looks nice and healthy.I know his family takes good care of him. He was a favorite of mine and I'll always think about him.

Fandango was rescued by many but lives here waiting for a home in New Hampshire. When I first seen him on a video that was passed around by animal lovers. I could not get him off my mind.
He screamed to me and I got him here. He was in bad shape. Demodex mange, heart worms, a tumor, thin for is build, one of his ears was cut half off. He had a long history no one knew what and because Georgia has many dog fighting problems who knows what he has lived through. But he's here now. Has never even raised his lip at anything. He's a easy going guy. That loves people. I think he had his first belly rub here. He looked at me like what are you doing? Next thing I know, he's plopped over looking at me, I think I like this. Sense then he has trusted me. He was a big ham at the vets getting his treatments for mange. When he left he acted like he went to the spa. Everyone there learned to like him and when he came in they all new him. He has had the tumor removed and now is looking years younger.


He has been here sense April, other then getting fat,he is healthy. He was all crazy when I came home from work tonight with a big bag of stuffed animals someone gave me. One by one the dogs here grabbed one and ran to there room. It go's up in the air, carring it around. He was happy and he always makes sure you know it.

I will miss this guy if he ever dose get adopted. Off to another new life,but I never saved him to keep him and if theres a perfect place out there for him, I'll be happy for him. If he never gets adopted then maybe it was ment to be that way.

He is now 70 pounds and when he runs to great me I move out of the way. Like a bull charging at me it seems. He has slowly gotton better walking and has his spurts of running. Not 100% but he's doing good. After trying to catch Roxi my little Amstaff that is as fast as a grayhound, he just plops in the dirt and watches.


He seems to get along okey with dogs here,he has not been with them all because some of the boys are very serios and don't want to be poked at and some are the young pokers. I'm not sure what he can deal with and don't want to test him to much. I have a few males here that don't get along with each other but get along with females.
He enjoys this farm we just moved to, plenty of room to walk around. Lay in the sun and just watch.
Once in a while I hear him start his howling. Its starts off real soft and then next 11 dogs join in. It's kinda funny.

He has learned to trust me and others that have visited. I think someone said this week he goosed her in the butt when she was doing something. Once he got into my cusin truck and would not get out. He wanted a ride.

One thing I can say about this boy is that I will never forget him. I will always remember Fandango. He is one of a kind. We wont ever know his past but I do know his future will be great no matter where he is.
I have never had any interested adopters for him yet. I also have other dogs that have never had an application. The right place for him is out there. but if the right place is here then thats where he will be. Thanks for reading and when his story is up on Rally for rescue magazine I'll be sure to post it. :)

Thank you to all that helped this guy. He was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment